Internet of things: What does it mean and what are the opportunities for your business?
A data revolution sparked by the Internet of Things is set to change the way we live, work and play in Milton Keynes and you can find out the cutting edge at a showcase talk.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to find out more about it at a timely joint Biztech/UCMK talk and networking event at UCMK in Central Milton Keynes from 5.30pm on Thursday, February 5.
Biztech is delighted to have secured Geoff Snelson to give a headline talk to describe what is happening and about to happen with the Internet of Things in Milton Keynes.
Attendees will be able to find out about the all new and exciting MK SMART project, which is leading the way in making MK a better place for people to live and work.
Geoff is Director of Strategy at Milton Keynes Council and has his finger on the pulse of the city's leading place in the use of data to change our lives.
The internet of things includes high profile developments such as the driverless cars to be increasingly seen in Milton Keynes. As well as being the driving force of the future of motoring, the Internet of Things is also set to revolutionise land use planning, agriculture and logistics.
Dr Paul Sant, Associate Dean, UCMK, said there are lots of opportunities for businesses (particularly SMEs) to get involved. Spinning out of these projects are opportunities to bid (jointly) to Innovate UK or other European calls (e.g. frontierCities).
Fredi Nonyelu, chairman of Biztech, said: “Biztech's special focus in 2015 is on pushing the message and opportunities behind the Internet of Things and the Smart revolution. Make sure you book now for this is sure to be a packed event.”
Who will be interested:
- Companies looking to gain a competitive edge, and who want to grow their business through exploitation of the data that is around us.
- App developers.
- Planners and land use developers
- Logistics experts.
- People interested in the future of Milton Keynes and in the growing excitement around the Internet of Things.
- People interested in the future of Milton Keynes.
- To book please use the link below: Tickets are £20 for non Biztech Members, £15 for Biztech Members and Free for Students