Crisis Communications - Business Continuity and the Media
How much do you value your organisation’s reputation?
Dealing with the media should be a vital element of any business continuity plan, as promoted in the Civil Contingencies Act 2004, BS25999 and the BCI Good Practice Guide.
This highly interactive joint Biztech and MKBRF workshop will look at the Business Continuity from the perspective of Media Strategies. It will focus especially on Crisis Communications strategies for escalation, damage limitation, and reputation management. Armed with the facts, tools and techniques this facilitated workshop will provide the opportunity for every delegate to experience media handling at first hand. Your improved skills may well save the skin of your CEO, your brand or your job!
Lee Bryant, co-founder and European MD of Headshift. Click here for Lee's Profile
Other Speakers include:
- Charlotte Hume – Communications Consultant, former ITN and BBC news correspondent
- Ian Cameron – Former Editor News, BBC Nations and English Regions
- Jeff Edwards – Former Crime Correspondent, Daily Mirror
Learn how effective communications and management of the media can promote your organisation during and after a serious incident and thus protect the reputation of your organisation.
Understand in theory and practice why saying “No comment” does more than good.
- Integrate with the Press. Speak their language. See it from their point of view.
- Be in a position to make the right comment, answer questions, accept interviews, prepare to manage press conferences and gain the advantage of winning the press over to your side.