- This event has passed.
Biztech/UCMK Ask the Expert Event Cyber Security – Is your IT at risk and what can you do about it
14 May 2015 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm BST
Cybersecurity is one of the biggest issues for businesses today with an array of threats that could derail them.
The latest in the series of Biztech/UCMK Ask The Expert events aims to give companies the information they need to prevent them from becoming victims.
Fredi Nonyelu, chairman of Biztech, said: “Being online is absolutely vital to most companies, both for communication and, increasingly, for e-commerce.
“Despite being aware that there are cybersecurity risks to their businesses, we know that companies remain vulnerable to all kinds of attacks. The cybersecurity industry around the world is worth billions of pounds.”
The Biztech/UCMK Ask the Expert event on 14th May aims to arm businesses with the information they need to defend their vital data and ability to trade with a high powered panel of three.
The Cyber Security panel is:
- Dr Gregory Epiphaniou, Cyber Security Technical Consultant, QA Limited
- Andrew Sheldon, Managing Director of Evidence Talks.
- Lee Barney – Head of Information Security at Home Retail Group PLC
Dr Paul Sant, Associate Dean, UCMK, said: “As well as looking at the challenges from a corporate security perspective we will also look at the digital forensics and research angles. People who attend this event can expect to leave with a fully rounded view of the issue.”
Who should attend?
- Business leaders who want to know more about cybersecurity
- Students or practitioners or digital forensics
- Cybersecurity researchers
- Business people who use IT and want to know more about the subject
Tickets are £20 for non-members, £15 for members and free of charge for students